converting Eastern music notes to western

administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
it looks promising. Can you please add examples; so that different users can use this. Also include how to use and how to write notes to get these converted easily

Thiru

Reaction score
Hello,

I love music including Carnatic. But can't sing.

I started to learn to play keyboard after my retirement and was looking for notes for both Western music and Tamil music.
Ended learning abc notation abc | home (abcnotation.com) for western music and then came across Carnatic Music Software and Web pages-Audio with Gamakam (tripod.com)and and started to communicate with Mr Subramanian who developed the above s/w.

Mr Subramanian's online player can be seen here Carnatic Notation Player (tripod.com)

Then I was curious, in one of the abc forums I asked can any one write s/w to convert gka files(notation developd by Mr Subramanian) to abc notation.

The author of ABC edit with abc2svg (free.fr) Jef and Seymour author of Runabc Runabc and AbcMIDI and EasyAbc Support (ifdo.ca) shown interest and Jef has produced this music source edit with txtmus (free.fr) This will convert Carnatic notation to abc notation, western music sheet and play the notes. It is in alpaha development stage.

To try music source edit with txtmus (free.fr), open the link, copy the following starting from %% to the edit pane on the left. You will see the abc notation and music sheet on the right pane. You can play the music by right clicking on the music sheet and selecting Tune.

Regards
Thiru

%%cmn raga=1 debug=1
%%MIDI program 21
%%temperament 0 12 4 16 -14 -2 -10 2 14 6 18 -12
999999 0 0321032 070 04 04 04 "" [ Sarala Varisai ]

saa|-paa|-Saa|-paa|-saa-|
#D100
saa-ree-|gaa-maa-|paa-daa-|nee-Saa-|
saa-ree-|gaa-maa-|paa-daa-|nee-Saa-|
Saa-nee-|daa-paa-|maa-gaa-|ree-saa-|
(saa-ree-gaa-maa-|paa-daa-nee-Saa)-|
(Saa-nee-daa-paa-|maa-gaa-ree-saa)-|

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and we pride ourselves in offering quality music notations and music discussions among different people of all backgrounds. We are working hard every day to make sure that our community is one of the best around here. We believe, sharing knowledge is true caring - whether you are a pro or a beginner, you would benefit from this fraternity. Join us and let’s walk together this exciting musical journey. It's fun unlimited and musically bonding!

Facebook